Monday, November 24, 2003

Doggie
A lost dog showed up on my doorstep on Saturday. Diane and David were here helping me trim trees and rake up dead leaves (which I refer to as "natural mulch" in the spirit of what I call my "no maintenance yard"). We let her into the back yard since she kept walking into the street almost getting run over a couple of times. Well, she is in the house now, lying on the floor next to me as I type. She is a small white dog - sweet and gentle - with a dark brown bandit like mask on her face. I am not sure what kind of dog she is. She has no collar but has been well cared for with good teeth and trimmed toe nails. I call her doggie. I have not named her yet because I don't know if I am going to keep her. I have put up signs all over the neighborhood, but no one has called yet. I seem to think that she is not far from home, but I may be wrong.
Although I love dogs and would love to have one someday, I am not sure if I am ready to take doggie in. She is sweet and I am already falling in love with her, but I do hope her owners call and get her. I am sure they miss her company terribly.