Thursday, March 17, 2005

PSLC Week #6: NYC & RISD

I went up to NYC with Aunty Faizeh and Parinaz to help her pick a fashion design school.
So, went to the newly renovated MOMA. I really enjoyed the models and drawings section on the architecture and design floor.
Also went to the Met. I spent time looking their Japanese collection, hoping to see some good ukioyo-e. Also spent a bit of time in photography and looking at a Matisse special exhibit.
We drove up to RISD and I really enjoyed the undergraduate exhibit. MOMA and Met were good, but this was fresh, vital, invigorating.
Also went to see Ashes and Snow with Stef the first day I was in NYC. The Nomadic museum it is housed it was incredible. It felt like being in an old cathedral. The photos were good - sometimes a bit contrived - but mostly beautiful.